Here in Hollywood, in the heart of Southern California, we get to enjoy summertime almost year round. And with that summer weather, you better have a killer bronzed glow! Tanning has become a summer essential fashion accessory for women all across the United States, not just in Los Angeles.
How long does a spray tan last?
Typically last between 4 to 8 days, depending on several different factors, including how you prep for your spray tan.
How to prep for your spray tan to make it last
- Exfoliating at least 8 hours prior to getting a spray tan helps you shed dead skin cells and acts to extend the spray tan
- Shave using lotion instead of shaving cream.
- Don’t apply heavy moisturizer before your spray tan
- Stay away from oils, they will block the application of the spray tan
- Remove your makeup
- Wear loose clothing to your appointment
Post Spray Tan Care
- Stay away from water for the first 6 to 8 hours after the tanning (No showering for next 8 hours!)
- Don’t exercise for the same amount of time
- A water based moisturizer will help to maintain the spray tan
- Long soaks in the pool, tub or jacuzzi will cause the tan to fade faster.
- Stay away from oily skin products
Airbrush Tanning Prices
All things considered, a trip to a tanning salon would can cost you anywhere from $25 for an automated machine spray tan all the way up to $100 for a high end hand applied airbrush tan. Extra fees apply may charge higher if you make them come for home service.
Why Spray Tan?
Before we fill you in on all the ins and outs of spray tanning, here are some fundamentals. Basically, spray tanning refers to artificial tanning. A smooth layer of mist will be sprayed onto your skin to make it look tan. This mist contains Dihydroxyacetone, which reacts with your skin to make it look darker.
Spray tanning has become a great alternative to suntanning, since exposing your skin to direct sunlight for too long is harmful to the skin.
Spray tanning is an effortless process and the solution dries promptly within 15 to 20 minutes. Spray tanning is a better alternative to self-tanners, you’ll never get the uniform, perfect tan at home that you would get with a talented technician applying the spray tan for you.
Spray tanning has become the epitome of healthy beauty. From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, Jennifer Aniston to Jennifer Lawrence, everyone is showing off their glow on camera. Try it out and get your glow on!